Saturday, May 06, 2006

Audio Collage DOODS: "The Secret City"






Under the moniker "The Department of Ongoing Digital Situations" in 1994 I recorded some audio collage aimed at playing out what were then pressing concerns. Would the emergent public resource known as the Internet and the world wide web go commercial? Would public space prevail in cities rapidly undergoing gentrification? Was not dada and situationism the best model on offer for an alternative basis for society?

My psuedonym at DOODS was Alberto Tsara.

In this audio collage, made public on archive.org, hear the voices of Greil Marcus (in an interview I did with him in 1994), Bruce Sterling, Natalie Jeremijenko, William Gibson, Liz Canning, Andrew Boucher, Andrew Garton, and audio samples from
Bert Deling's classic masterpiece movie "DALMAS".

And for those old enough to remember, here is the original DOODS website from 1994

1 Comments:

Blogger riccasuave said...

hello my name is anna and i love your page i like to know how to put my yahoo video in my blog http://360.yahoo.com/respet0

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home